Tuesday 28 June 2011

update

Just to give you all a little update we walked away from the barn conversion. Our surveyor found the land had pockets of bedrock which could prove costly to break through if found too close to the barn. That and the build cost came in far more than we expected. It was more sensible to walk away.
Of course I have been very disappointed but something else will turn up, what's meant to be will be.

In the meantime we have to be out of our house by the 28th July. We have found a lovely 1930's house on the outskirts of the town where we live, five minutes drive from the school gates (in summer!). I'm quite excited about it! Believe it or not it has an Aga! This will be a good tester for us all, whether we can cope with not walking or cycling to school, for the girls not to have other children on their doorstep, and for me to be constantly driving everywhere. Oh yes, whether I can actually cook on an Aga!! We will see.

I am looking forward to sharing the photos of the temporary house when we get the keys, until then if I'm not around you know I'll be packing!
Sx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it didnt work out as you had hoped but I agree - it obviously wasnt meant to be for whatever reason and no matter how disappointing it is! We have lost a few houses along the way (and a few thousand pounds!!) but I can see now that we wouldnt be living here by the sea if we had moved to the other ones!!
    Looking forward to seeing the piccies though
    Good luck
    -x-

    ReplyDelete