Monday 13 June 2011

blog shopping

While we have been waiting very impatiently for the surveyor and builder to get back to us, I have been busy planning in my head what our house could really look like. I have been scouring around blogland and have stumbled upon some fantastic blogs. I have to say some of the best blogs and most beautiful homes are by the most inspiring American women.
Gorgeous painted kitchens, piles of sumptuous cushions, beautifully organised cupboards and all seem very clever with a paintbrush and sander! I have always loved the 'french country' look and I feel inspired to get my own paintbrush out and paint some furniture!
These women also seem to be able to up cycle the most wonderful textiles, old grain sacks being the most sought after. Can I get my hands on any? Well not yet but I am trying! In the meantime i have been looking for something similar and ave found that H&M do a range of textiles with a utilitarian feel about them. I can feel masses of purchases coming on! What I did buy (as it is very well priced) was a bath mat which I feel would go really nicely with my collection of apothecary bottles.


I also got a couple of cushion covers which will look lovely on cream club chairs which I ordered before we decided to move. Now to get painting the furniture to match!


I am working hard at displaying my complete list of blogs I follow in the side bar, I seem to have forgotten how to do it! Bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment